Thursday, April 17, 2014

Day 17 - "Foundation"

Time for yet another pseudo-philosophic rant ;). My latest thesis got published the other day, and it made me think of all the things I've learned since I started my higher education. Much of the material seemed way too advanced at the time - I will certainly never tech any of the math I've learned beyond that of my first semester. At times it felt very unmotivated to master math that was even more advanced than the courses the engineers took . Yet somehow we all felt that it was necessary for us to be on a whole different level than our future students.

My pupils always get very surprised when I tell them how much we actually had to learn; "No way! Really?". And I remember from my own time in upper secondary school that I thought the math teachers were all geniuses! Maybe because at that time I really struggled, and I couldn't imagine how anybody could solve stuff that easily without having to think about it! Now I know :)

/MrsHjort

8 comments:

  1. I really like the horizontal lines with the diagonals. They compliment each other. Great shades too, working well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IDK what this is... but this photo makes me want to "pave" my ceiling with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes that would be s nice looking ceiling, or maybe bathroom walls :)

      Delete
  3. Love the way you have turned this upside down to that it feels like a ceiling rather than a floor. Lovely warm tones too

    And you sound to me like you must be a genius too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope wong on all accounts haha. Its actually a wall :).

      As for being good of math all it takes is dedication. Study it whole time for 1.5 years, do it for hours each day, think about it all the time and viola! ''Genius city''

      Delete
  4. Great optical illusion and I love all those tones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you playing games with our minds :)

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...